Tuscan Kale (100g)
Kale yeah! We love kale because it's known as a superfood and is a great source of antioxidants. It's also known for its heart-healthy and Vitamin A, K, calcium and fiber benefits and for regulating blood sugar and potassium. It also packs a punch in the Vitamin C department!
There are many way to enjoy Tuscan Kale but we like it having it raw as a salad (to preserve its health benefits) or mixing it with other greens. You can also make a wonderful smoothie with kale, pineapples and mango... Yum!
For cooking, sauté them until wilted, simmer with a soup, or even roast until crisp. Remember not to overcook because this makes the kale taste overly bitter.
- Each order is 100g and comes in a bag.
- All grown organically by Villa Fuscagna, Sto Nino, Lipa.
- Distinct long, spear-like leaves and is less bitter than the curly kale (the most common supermarket variant).
- Deep and earthy flavor with an almost-nutty sweetness
- Shelf life 5-7 days.
- Add unscented absorbent paper towels either side of the plastic pack while stored in the ref and reseal bag to keep fresh.
- Fresh Greens and Breads not applicable for provincial delivery.
- Fresh Greens and Breads are scheduled for delivery every Saturday/Sunday.
- Order cut-off for weekend delivery is every Wednesday, 5PM.
- All orders of bread, cakes and fresh greens made by our cut-off (Wednesday 5:00 PM), will be delivered the following Saturday/Sunday.