Conscious Collective Manila is the exclusive distributor for Villa Fuscagna Farms who are DTI, BIR and FDA registered and are the only PhilGAP (Philippine Good Agricultural Practices)-approved pepper grower in the Philippines by the Department of Agriculture's Bureau of Plant Industry.
- They go beyond the requirements set by the Philippine's Food and Drug Administration and certification by the Department of Agriculture.
- The critical additional step that they take is to treat all products with heat at 100C for 8-12 minutes (before packing and sealing).
- This does not affect the taste and longevity of the spices’ shelf life but ensures that 99.9% of any bacteria, pathogens and food-born viruses are killed.
- When you use Villa Fuscagna Farms products uncooked, you’re sure that extra steps have been taken to meet the highest standards for food safety!
- Villa Fuscagna Farms also grows organically a variety of leafy greens to create nutritious, delicious fresh salads.
- The plants are grown organically.
- No fungicides, pesticides or herbicides are applied to the crop. Ever!
- Fertilizers are natural and in particular our vermicast is produced on site with the assistance of several hundred thousand African Night Crawlers.
- All of our production is grown at our farm located at Mt Malaryat Road, Sto Nino, Lipa.
- We wash and package on site. Therefore we are able to document a single source and control the supply chain from the farm to your purchase point.
- You will therefore know exactly where your purchase came from and can be assured by our control of its movement to your purchase point.
- All spices are dried in solar tunnels to reduce carbon footprint.
- Typically there are three middlemen between the farmer and the consumer and three transport steps with associated costs...
- Our structure has only one vendor in finished product form and therefore contributing to the overall reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Your purchase helps us with our advocacy in sustaining the livelihood of farmers and their families. They also get the best deals and profit from our produce and products.
- Our farming partners receive a higher return from our partnership than they could otherwise obtain in the open market.
- In this way we collectively share the financial benefits of producing Grade A products.
- The vast majority of your purchase price goes to the hard working farming families in Sto. Nino that make the product possible.
All greens are harvested the day before delivery.