"We love the sourdough bread. Crisp crust, chewy interior. Perfect toasted with just butter."
-Malou B., Cubao
"Long been looking around for an authentic sourdough. The ones I usually find are mere wannabes. Your version is IT. "
-Milet G., Makati
We're excited to offer our latest bread variant, Sourdough Bread (600 grams) by My Sarbon Artisan Bakery. There has been a renewed, world-wide interest in sourdough, but My Sarbon took their time to make it right. The end result is an especially tasty rustic bread rarely found in genuine recipe form in the Philippines.
- Sourdough is the oldest form of leavened European bread dating back to 3700 BC in Switzerland and is especially popular across France and Northern Europe.
- Sourdough is an excellent source of antioxidants known to "lessen the risk of cancer, signs of ageing or chronic diseases like rheumatoid arthritis."
- Prebiotic, which means its fiber helps feed the "good" bacteria in your intestines.
- Lower in gluten than other bread variants.
- The process of preparing the dough takes three steps and three days prior to baking. Preparation of the wild yeast takes many weeks.
Ingredients: Wheat flour (bread flour), Rye Flour, Whole wheat flour, Salt, Wild yeast, Water.
All bread and cake products are baked fresh the day before delivery to ensure freshness.
All orders of bread and cakes made by our cut-off (Wednesday 5:00 PM), will be delivered the following Saturday/Sunday.
NATURAL INGREDIENTS & SHELF LIFE
Using only the freshest ingredients with zero preservatives, My Sarbon Artisan Bakery bakes small-batch, French-inspired bread, cake products and Italian-influenced biscotti that have become a hit and favorite of our growing customer base.
- All ingredients are natural, and where possible, organically grown.
- Critically the flours are bromide-free and the final product has no preservatives.
- Bread products wrapped appropriately or in sealed containers may be stored in the ref for 7 days and cake products for 14 days.
- They may also be frozen for 3 months.
- Bread and cake products can stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can freeze bread as an entire loaf or sliced, taking out slices as you need them.
- Thaw by wetting the bread before microwaving.
- Toast right after.
- Fresh Greens and Breads not applicable for provincial delivery.
- Fresh Greens and Breads are scheduled for delivery every Saturday/Sunday.
- Order cut-off for weekend delivery is every Wednesday, 5PM.
- All orders of bread, cakes and fresh greens made by our cut-off (Wednesday 5:00 PM), will be delivered the following Saturday/Sunday.