Classic Parisian Madeleines
"I've been searching for so long for the best madeleines cos they're my fave AND I FINALLY FOUND THEM."
The original French Madeleine is a small, traditional cake from two communes of the Lorraine region of northeastern France—Liverdun and Commercy. My Sarbon Artisan Bakery modified the original recipe to what can now be described as “Parisian.”
Beautifully shaped with a touch of late summer lemon, My Sarbon's Classic Parisienne Madeleines are perfect on their own or topped with whipped cream or jam.
French novelist, Marcel Proust loved them—in his famous novel, In Search of Lost Time, he describes them as “seashell cakes so strictly pleated outside, and so sensual inside.” Wow!
Each order is a bag of five (5) Madeleines.
Ingredients: Wheat flour, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, lemon extract, milk (dairy) and eggs.
All bread and cake products are baked fresh the day before delivery to ensure freshness.
All orders of bread and cakes made by our cut-off (Wednesday 5:00 PM), will be delivered the following Saturday/Sunday.
NATURAL INGREDIENTS & SHELF LIFE
Using only the freshest ingredients with zero preservatives, My Sarbon Artisan Bakery bakes small-batch, French-inspired bread, cake products and Italian-influenced biscotti that have become a hit and favorite of our growing customer base.
- All ingredients are natural, and where possible, organically grown.
- Critically the flours are bromide-free and the final product has no preservatives.
- Bread products wrapped appropriately or in sealed containers may be stored in the ref for 7 days and cake products for 14 days.
- They may also be frozen for 3 months.
- Bread and cake products can stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can freeze bread as an entire loaf or sliced, taking out slices as you need them.
- Thaw by wetting the bread before microwaving.
- Toast right after.
- Fresh Greens and Breads not applicable for provincial delivery.
- Fresh Greens and Breads are scheduled for delivery every Saturday/Sunday.
- Order cut-off for weekend delivery is every Wednesday, 5PM.
- All orders of bread, cakes and fresh greens made by our cut-off (Wednesday 5:00 PM), will be delivered the following Saturday/Sunday.